Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Journey through My Decks: SEVEN OF WANDS (by Zanna)

In this series of posts, I plan to discuss all of the Tarot cards in order, using a different deck for each card. Today I'm exploring the Seven of Wands from The Mythic Tarot by Juliet Sharman-Burke and Liz Greene, with illustrations by Tricia Newell (published by Fireside/Simon & Schuster, Inc.)


Like all of the Wands cards in this deck, the Seven offers us another encounter with the celebrated hero Jason. Here we see Jason's battle with King Aeetes of Colchis, who is dressed in a flame-colored robe and wields a flaming Wand. In fact, all six participants bear flaming Wands. Jason has two, bringing the total to Seven.

The suit of Wands (Fire) is often associated with creativity. Juliet Sharman-Burke and Liz Greene tap into this symbolism by describing the Seven of Wands as auguring "a struggle with other people's creative ideas." The competition is keen, and we cannot afford to rest on our laurels. We must be willing not only to fight for what we want, but to continue fighting in order to keep it.

DMs provided by Sharman-Burke: "Stiff competition must now be faced. Renewed determination and courage are necessary."

Sharman-Burke encourages us to "notice how the Seven follows the Six and determine, from your own experience, how success affects you."

About the deck: The Mythic Tarot is based on Greek mythology and its relationship to "essential human experiences and essential human patterns of development" or "archetypal experiences" (Sharman-Burke/Greene).

4 comments:

  1. HI Zanna,

    I'm Tham from Malaysia.

    I had drawn this card, reversed, when asking "Did Wai Ting (my first love, who had left
    me to marry someone else in 1988) come looking for me at my old house
    in the past (in 1998 or 1999) ?

    I wonder what it might mean, as I am no expert in
    the Tarot.

    I have also sent you a similar message in your Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tham,

      It can be tricky to use the Tarot to answer yes-or-no questions such as yours (questions where the answer can only be "yes" or "no"). However, I have used various systems with varying degrees of success. The suit of Wands (like the suit of Swords) is considered a positive, active suit -- which I normally think of as a "yes" answer to a question. But the card was drawn reversed, which suggests to me the possibility that Wai Ting did think about looking for you at your old house but was delayed or prevented from doing so at the time.

      Delete


  2. Thank you so much for your answer, Zanna.

    Yes, I think you are correct.

    I had endeavoured to find out the answer to that question because
    a medium, a friend of a blind friend of mine, had found out such a
    startling revelation recently, when I requested that he check out
    Wai Ting's situation ever since she left me in 1988, and married
    another man in 1992.

    As for your inkling that she was prevented from doing so - yes, the
    medium said that she had gone looking for me at my old house at that
    time, but my elder brother, who was still living there, gave her a cold
    shoulder, telling her that he had no idea where I was.

    I had already moved out in May 1997.


    Questioning my brother about this, he denied such a thing ever happened,
    that nobody came over looking for me at that time, as far as he could remember.


    A post in an horary astrology forum with a chart on this subject supported
    what my brother said though, that she never did look for me.


    Perhaps I could trouble you to try out a full spread one day, if you ever have
    the time, on how she still feels about me. The medium said she still has
    thoughts of coming back to me after all these years (and I am willing to
    accept her), but circumstances are awkward, in that both her sons are
    already grown up. (It appears her husband now has terminal cancer.)






    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! If you would like a reading, please feel free to contact me through my web site: http://zannastarr.weebly.com/services.html or my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/zannastarr

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna