Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Deck Test: Twilight Realm

Recently I asked my Facebook friends what they are looking for when they read a review of a Tarot deck or book. One thing that some folks like to see in a review is a description of how the deck "works" for the reviewer.

Logic tells me that you don't really know how a deck works for you until you have used it for several (many?) readings. But I wanted a quick method for evaluating the potential of a recently acquired deck in terms of how well I would be able to work with it.

Here is the 3-card reading I created. I hope I will be forgiven for injecting a little humor into it.

(1) Drawn from Pips only
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being "absolutely fabulous" and 1 being "truly awful"), how does my ability to work with this deck rate as of right now?

(2) Drawn from Court Cards only
What personality trait(s) do I need to cultivate if I want to be able to work better with this deck in the future?

(3) Drawn from Majors only
How likely is it that I will be able to do amazing, awesome, astonishingly accurate readings with this deck?
Trumps 0-6 = not very likely
Trumps 7-14 = somewhat likely
Trumps 15-21 = very likely
--------------------

Let's see what this test reveals about my ability to work with the Twilight Realm deck by Beth Wilder (Schiffer Publishing). You can read my review of this deck HERE.


(1) Drawn from Pips only
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being "absolutely fabulous" and 1 being "truly awful"), how does my ability to work with this deck rate as of right now?
SIX OF CUPS -- Okay, that's not bad, especially since I just got the deck. This card suggests to me that I am already able to work so well with this deck because it resonates with me emotionally and perhaps even triggers fond memories of the past or a past life. It also suggests to me that this deck can help me avoid dwelling in the past and help me continue to grow and move forward.

(2) Drawn from Court Cards only
What personality trait(s) do I need to cultivate if I want to be able to work better with this deck in the future?

PAGE OF SWORDS -- I need to cultivate curiosity, a thirst for knowledge, a talent for observation, and a vigilant mind. I see this Page as a student or scholar, which makes perfect sense as I begin to explore this new deck.

(3) Drawn from Majors only
How likely is it that I will be able to do amazing, awesome, astonishingly accurate readings with this deck?
Trumps 0-6 = not very likely
Trumps 7-14 = somewhat likely
Trumps 15-21 = very likely

THE MOON (Trump 18) - Well! Now that's pretty cool. The Moon indicates that the answer is "very likely." Not only that, The Moon suggests to me that with this deck I have a good chance of revealing illusions, deceptions, and false hopes for what they are. Combining these cards with my dreams and subconscious insights, I can bring hidden things to light and further develop my psychic abilities.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is such an awesome idea!
    Very funny too :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonkers! I think the deck decided to be nice to me. I was kind of stressing over what I would say if it all came out that I could not now nor could I ever read decently with the deck... :D

      Delete
  2. I like it! Congratulations for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice spread, I have a smile on my face now ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna