Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week at a Glance: The Hand of Fate

With the New Year I am beginning a new feature at Tarot Notes. Week at a Glance will consist of one Tarot or Oracle card that will be posted on Sunday of each week, the purpose being to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during that week.

For the first week of 2013, I'm sticking with a Christmas gift that I have used for a couple of recent posts: _Madame Endora's Fortune Cards_ (Monolith Graphics; featuring art by _Christine Filipek_).


For the Week of January 6, 2013, my card is:


THE HAND OF FATE: "Forces beyond your control intervene." The Little White Book that comes with this deck goes on to say: "Destiny offers new opportunity. Justice prevails."

Okay... but I drew the card reversed. Uh oh. This deck does not provide meanings for reversed cards in its LWB. But that doesn't mean I can't think about how I might interpret The Hand of Fate, reversed.

Perhaps forces beyond my control will *try* to intervene but not succeed (an opportunity missed or delayed). Perhaps justice will not be served or will be delayed. Or perhaps I am being told not to take a fatalistic view: Maybe the "forces" in question will not be entirely beyond my control, and I will be able to influence matters.

6 comments:

  1. Like the new feature idea :]

    Interesting card for the week :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Espero que consigas me entender: vejo invertido que se o destino não está a interferir, está nas tuas mãos resolver os dilemas da semana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice new series - love the card. I like your last interp to this card being reversed.: 'Maybe the "forces" in question will not be entirely beyond my control, and I will be able to influence matters'.


    That's the feeling I go with this card, that situations are not beyond your control, and that you can take matters into your own hand. ^_^ Look forward to next weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Helen! Off I go, then, taking matters into my own hand...

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna