Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week at a Glance: The Lovers

The purpose of drawing a "Week at a Glance" card is to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during the upcoming week.

For the week of January 20, 2013, I am using the Tarot of Reincarnation by Massimiliano Filadoro (Lo Scarabeo).

My card is:
The Lovers (Trump VI)

Reincarnation Tarot (Lo Scarabeo)

This is another unconventional Tarot deck, as you can obviously see. The image on Trump VI is a butterfly and the words "The Lovers" are nowhere in sight -- except they do appear in the Little White Book (LWB) that accompanies the deck.

When I look at this image, I notice the wings: two identical (or seemingly identical) halves, each contributing to the butterfly's ability to do what it does. Filadoro writes: "The bridge between one's inner essence and the collective psyche is the feeling of love." It's as if one wing represents my inner essence and the other represents the collective psyche -- with the butterfly's body as the bridge in between.

Traditionally the butterfly symbolizes spiritual rebirth, and Filadoro mentions this in the LWB. (And notice the use of the color green in this image, commonly representing growth or fertility.)

In the traditional Lovers card, we often see a man trying to choose between two women: one representing virtue and the other, vice. As with many Tarot cards, this can be seen as an inner struggle or dilemma, a need to find unity between two polarities within oneself .

During the upcoming week, I may be faced with a choice or choices that go deeper than whether to have coffee or tea with breakfast. I may be more aware than usual of the importance of connecting my "inner essence" with the "collective psyche." If I succeed, the result may well be a type of "spiritual rebirth."

This is Trump Six, a number that I view as indicating reconciliation, integration, reciprocity, communication, resolution of tensions, an understanding of what is real and what is illusion, morality, and social responsibilities. Lots of possibilities there!

Excuse me while I go check out that butterfly bush in my front yard!

4 comments:

  1. Consigas that make excellent choices in this period of the game! An optimal line with this letter concerns the cult african Brazil, where lovers are representing the orisa Oxossi, where he is torn between the love of the mother, and the ability to take the love goddess osun. And the 20th is a day of Sao Sebastiao, Oxossi in Umbanda.kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting, AugustoCrowley! Obrigada!

      Delete
  2. very unusual lovers card. you read this better than i could have, methinks ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's very unusual -- and I hope my associations with the traditional Lovers card didn't seem "forced." I really just did a little free association and came up with an interpretation that resonated with me. Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna