Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week at a Glance: Knight of Pentacles, Rx

The purpose of drawing a "Week at a Glance" card is to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during the upcoming week.

Well, last week's card (_2 of Cups_) sure didn't seem to suggest a major event involving my 91-year-old mother. I visited my doctor on Monday for the cold I mentioned in my February 10th post. That afternoon my mother was rushed to the hospital after a bad fall in which she fractured a pelvic bone, scraped her head, and banged her elbow. Once hospitalized, she was told that an irregular heartbeat may have contributed to her fall. A pacemaker was recommended and inserted. She developed pneumonia, so she's being treated for that. Next on the schedule: a 1 to 2 week stay at a rehab facility to get her back up on her feet as the pelvic fracture heals.

Now, I will say that through all of this my husband has been a rock, traveling to the hospital with me and looking out for me. He finally insisted that I stay home for a couple days, as I continue to cough and blow my nose repeatedly. So the connection I made with the Two of Cups in my post still has a bearing -- but I sure didn't feel like I got a "heads up" about my mom from the cards!

For the week of February 17, 2013 I am using Tarot of the Cat People by Karen Kuykendall (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.)

My card is the
KNIGHT OF PENTACLES, reversed


Hmmm... my typical interpretation for this card is something along the lines of slow and steady, organized, determined, self-disciplined, reliable. So in the reversed position, I get a vibe of stagnation or inertia, no forward progress, an irresponsible approach, impatience, neglect, lack of direction. 

My first instinct is to see this as a caution about my health and the fact that if I do not take better care, I'm simply going to stay in this coughing-nose blowing rut another week, without improvement. The question is: What needs to be done to prevent this? Do I need an antibiotic? Should I go back to the doctor? Do I just need to stay home and rest? My mother is going to need my help or at least my presence at least some of the time this week. My sister is here, but works full time, so she can't do it all.

Perhaps the message is that I need to protect (not neglect) my health this week, and make health-conscious decisions -- because if I don't, I will only get sicker and be unable to help others who need me.




2 comments:

  1. Feel better... get some healing ginger tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoying this deck at the moment - it has such a strange and unique feel to it. Plus I guess it helps that I love cats....!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna