Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Week at a Glance: 8 of Rods

The purpose of drawing a "Week at a Glance" card is to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during the upcoming week. I also use this opportunity to become more familiar with decks I don't work with a lot, so you will often see me quoting the creator of the deck or someone who has a closer relationship with the deck than I do at this time.

For the week of May 26, 2013 I am using Tarot of Northern Shadows by Sylvia Gainsford and Howard Rodway (AGMüller).

My card is the EIGHT OF RODS
 
Tarot of Northern Shadows

For the 8 of Rods, Sylvia Gainsford has painted a picture of a "wild hunt." We find many stories about a wild hunt in folklore and these chiefly involve phantom horsemen and dogs. Gainsford has chosen Herla=s Hounds for the 8 of Rods. The hounds are white with red ears and glowing eyes. Here they race across the countryside as two huntsmen soar above in the sky. The purpose of "the hunt" varies from legend to legend, but in all cases movement is swift. One of the hounds on the card is traveling so fast he knocks down one of the eight wooden posts in his path.

In this card I typically see swift, positive progress toward a goal or destination, with Rods being the suit of Fire (passion, energy, optimism, enthusiasm). There may be a danger of rushing too fast to get somewhere, when a more methodical, measured approach would be better. Howard Rodway writes that this card can suggest "a holiday with possible air travel." I don't have anything planned, but who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna