Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Listen to the Animals: Birds

For this Tarot Notes feature, I pull one card each week from a different animal-themed deck to represent an important message from that animal.

If you are interested in finding out who your own Animal Guides are, you can get an Animal Guides Reading through my _Etsy shop_ or my _Web Site_.

This week my deck is Animal Spirits Knowledge Cards (Pomegranate), with paintings by Susan Seddon Boulet. These lovely cards have amazing artistic renderings of animals on one side and detailed information on the other side, including symbology and cultural connections, written by John Nagiecki.

My card today is Birds.

Animal Spirits Knowledge Cards


In the painting on this card we can see many different types of birds: snowy owl, swan, dove, heron, pelican. They are woven into the hair of an aged man to denote wisdom and a connection between earth and spirit.

For most of us, the image of a bird in flight gives a sense of freedom or liberation from earthly bonds. My favorite dreams are those in which I fly over huge cities and vast, seemingly empty foreign lands. Because I do not have wings, even in dreams, I use my arms in a swimming motion to remain in the air and to move forward. Actual swimming in water gives somewhat the same sense of weightlessness and freedom that I feel in flying dreams.

I feel a connection with ravens and owls more than other birds. Which bird(s) do you feel drawn to?

7 comments:

  1. For me, my favorite bird is an owl too. I was a little kid when "Mr Owl from the Daily Fable came on the TV. Since then I am fascinated with Owls. I don't collect them, aside forom two little statues, but iIseem to encounter them everywhere.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen! Thank you for stopping by and sharing your fascination with owls!

      Delete
  2. I've always been very fond of Robins - alas we don't have them in Oz, but I remember them well from my time of living in England.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think robins are lovely birds. It's always so uplifting to see them as the first signs of Spring!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful image!!! I like the owl and the swan. In the tree of my house there is a nest, mum bird is preparing it and I take it as a very good signal :) .And sometimes I dream I'm flying over the neighbourhood and city, what's the meaning of this dream? Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Las Magas! I think there are a number of different interpretations for flying dreams. My Encyclopedia of Dreams says that these dreams usually symbolize inspiration and the ability to transcend ordinary reality. They can also signal capability or readiness to act and make changes. Or a flying dream might simply represent a desire to escape from one's earthly problems.

      Delete
  4. Hi Zanna!!! Thank you very much!!!! You are very generous!!!! :) I take it and I will analyze it and my dreams to know which matches. Thanks again and Muchas Estrellas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna