Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Listen to the Animals: Rabbit

For this Tarot Notes feature, I pull one card each week from a different animal-themed deck to represent an important message from that animal.

From now until January 15 I am offering an “Animal Guide for 2014” reading for just $5. You can purchase this reading on my web site, along with many other types of readings:
http://zannastarr.weebly.com/purchase-a-reading.html

I also offer several types of readings through my Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/zannastarr

Using the Animal Powers Meditation Kit by Monte Farber and Amy Zerner (One Spirit), let’s see who my Animal Guide is for 2014.

Hopping into view is the RABBIT.

Animal Powers Meditation Kit

Monte Farber writes that he and Amy Zerner chose the Rabbit to represent “Opportunity” because “they are very quick – one second you see them, the next they are gone.” Farber also mentions the Rabbit’s legendary ability to escape danger in seemingly miraculous ways.

Traditionally, the Rabbit (or Hare) commonly represents fertility, libido, procreation, cyclic rebirth, cunning, swiftness, vigilance and magical powers. Linked with the moon by the ancients, the Rabbit is seen as an augury of good fortune in some cultures.

All that being said, the Rabbit is a prey animal who must learn to survive constant threats and attacks. The Rabbit’s only defense is flight, as it most certainly would lose any sort of fight with a predator.

As a messenger in 2014, the Rabbit seems to advise me to be alert for both opportunities and threats so that I can seize the opportunities and avert the threats. I need to be observant and sensitive to my surroundings, keep my wits about me, and trust my instincts this year.

Below are some well-known rabbits. The first person to identify all of these rabbits correctly in a comment on this blog will receive a FREE Animal Guide reading for 2014!

1

2

3
4
5

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence. The animal I am particularly drawn to the last week is the hare. At first only as the Wildwood Queen of Wands. My most challenging queen, but later on it has been popping up everywhere. I've even started drawing it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I don't normally think of myself as being "drawn to" rabbits, although I did have a dream years ago in which I was a rabbit hopping up a hill. I rarely have dreams in which I am an animal, so I suppose that was significant for some reason. Thanks for stopping by, Ellen!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna