Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

What Now? An American Election Follow-Up

Well, here we are a few weeks after the Presidential election in America, and things are in as much disarray as ever. Reactions to the President-elect and his choices of advisors range from horror and depression to jubilation and dismissal of any and all concerns on which horror and depression are based.

I find that I vacillate between the horror/depression stage and the “surely it won’t be as bad as we fear” stage. Meanwhile, the jubilant folks are crying out, “Get over it!” and “Stop being whiny snowflakes!” etc.

So I am asking a few of my decks for some straight answers that may (or may not) help me cope. As I did back in August in my reading about the two Presidential candidates (click HERE), I am using five different decks, with each one answering a question. Once again, I am doing this in a spirit of fun – because I’m tired of feeling so down.

Read on!

(1) Something I must learn to accept
from Tarot of the Gnomes by Antonio Lupatelli (Lo Scarabeo)

CAV. DI BASTONI (Knight of Wands / Career)

“Ambition can lead ahead along the chosen path.”
I need to accept that the President-elect’s ambition, determination, and force have taken him where he intended to go, and he is going to continue to push his agenda and purpose as long as he can. Time marches on. And you know what? I see a resemblance...

(2) Something I should not ignore
from Tarot of the Cat People by Karen Kuykendall (U.S. Games Systems)

SIX OF WANDS

“A man proudly shows off his wands, each of which is the symbol of a goal achieved.” This is a card of conquest, triumph, gain, victory, and advancement – the results of efforts. Although I may have to accept certain things, I also have a responsibility not to ignore how things go from here, the implications and effects of the candidate’s success.

(3) Something I need not fear
from Tarot of the Animal Lords by Angelo Giannini (Lo Scarabeo)

THE HERMIT / Trump 9

I need not fear retreating for a time, if necessary, to seek wisdom and spiritual meaning in this situation. I am not and will not be completely alone in my thoughts and concerns. The Hermit in this deck is a black bear. Now, one common symbol for the country of Russia is the bear. However, this is a black bear, from North America. Am I somehow being told not to fear the influence or involvement of the "Russian bear" here in North America?

(4) Something I need to think about
from The Fantastic Menagerie Tarot (Magic Realist Press)

SIX OF COINS / The Benefactor

This card often represents generosity or the flow of resources between people (money, help, ideas, etc.) I think perhaps I am being advised to think about how, why, and when I should be “generous,” with an eye to mutual respect, fairness, and equality. If I exchange ideas with an air of condescension, as if I am superior, I will probably not achieve the result I desire. And there are times when withholding generosity is the best course of action. I may also need to think about the purpose of someone’s generosity towards me or others. A gesture that seems benevolent may have a sinister motivation.

(5) Something that I can hold onto
from the Shapeshifter Tarot by D.J. Conway and Sirona Knight, illustrated by Lisa Hunt (Llewellyn Publications)

FIVE OF PENTACLES / Loneliness

Um. Let’s see what I can do with this. In traditional RWS-style decks, this card often depicts destitute people, often outside a church or other place where they might seek help. In that case, I can see the card meaning that I can hold onto help or assistance if I need it. I just need to look around and see where it is available.

However, I have to share with you the “Prophecy” for this card written by Conway and Knight: “Be aware of your words and intent when disagreeing with others, for you may well create an unpleasant, long-term rift.” The authors also caution against being stubborn and clinging to negative thinking and action. The tiny porcupine in the image of snow and ice on this card reminds me that I may create or contribute to “prickly” situations, and it will be up to me to learn discrimination and to change what I have created, if necessary.



This is all very interesting, with the Wands (energy, force, aggressiveness) in the positions of both “what I must learn to accept” (Knight of Wands, Fire of Fire) and “what I should not ignore” (Jupiter in Leo). I glanced at the President-elect’s natal chart recently, and he has fiery Leo rising, which should surprise no one. He also has Mars (planet of war, aggression, energy) in Leo.

The other three positions are filled by Earth cards (I associate The Hermit with the Earth sign Virgo). This suggests patience, determination, and quiet persistence over a long period of time. I think this is a fairly good description of what I will need to do to get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna