Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A Reading with the Mystical Cats Tarot

After doing a quite revealing reading for a client using the Mystical Cats Tarot by Mickie Mueller (Llewelyn), I decided to try one of the spreads from the accompanying guidebook, Tales of the Mystical Cats by Lunaea Weatherstone.

(To read my review of this deck, click HERE.)

The spread is called Shield of Sekhmet. Lunaea explains that “Sekhmet is one of our most revered deities, an Egyptian lioness goddess whose name means ‘the one who is powerful.’ In ancient Egypt, she was invoked in times of war to ensure victory and celebrated in times of peace for her powers of healing and reconciliation.”

The layout is based on a gold aegis, or breastplate shield, with a likeness of Sekhmet.


Positional definitions:

(1) What weakens you?
(2) What strengthens you?
(3) How can you best use your power?

While shuffling the cards, I meditated, asking that enlightened insight come through from the Highest Source, and that the information brought forth inspire the Greatest and Highest Good for all concerned.

Here are the mystical cats who came forward for this reading:

(1) What weakens me?

FOUR OF FIRE: In the Tarot of Mystical Cats, the members of the Fire Clan are skilled warriors, passionate lovers, bold adventurers, and visionaries. They are the most spiritual of the clans, and for them, the source of all mystical power is light. Curious and daring, they often find themselves in challenging situations. On the Four of Fire, we see the importance of wonder, beauty, magic, and connection to the sacred. There is a need here to move above and beyond “mundane practicalities” in order to fully feed my spirit. What weakens me is a refusal or failure to give ritual or spiritual practice as much attention in my life as it deserves. I am weakened when I focus too much on physical, material realities.

(2) What strengthens me?

THE HERMIT: This mystical feline Hermit “retreats to the highest branches of a magical pomegranate tree to meditate on the Mysteries.” Wisdom comes from introspection, not from being constantly engaged in “activities and busyness.” Too much solitude can skew my perspective, but in general, it helps me see far and comprehend calmly what I observe. It is the key to understanding the deeper meaning of life.

(3) How can I best use my power?

MOON: I can best use my power to distinguish what is real and what is illusion, to listen to my subconscious and become aware of what is not revealed by sight alone. The introspection and spiritual attentiveness recommended by the preceding cards can help me be aware of secrecy, mystery, and things that are not obvious. By going deeper within and focusing less on the physical, material realm, I learn to identify what the moonlight reveals and what it hides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna